Middle School Sub Plans
When I have been sick this year, this has been my go to sub lesson for the middle school. These are the steps I leave for the sub:
- Make a circle or a rectangle
- Divide up the space in an interesting way
- Add different line patterns to each of the areas
- Add contrast (lots of black and white)
- Write name on paper and grade
Optical Illusion Fun
Op Art Vertical Lines
- Draw 4 vertical wavy lines
- Draw a center line crossing all of the of the other lines
- In between two of the lines add contour curving lines on the top half of the paper
- In between the same two lines add contour curving lines going the opposite direction (fill in from top of paper to bottom of paper between two lines)
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 between all of the lines.
- Once all the lines are drawn add name to the back
- Add color to the picture, using contrasting colors like complementary colors to each of the columns to make them stand out. (Markers)
- Draw 2 vertical, and 3 horizontal lines - making 12 boxes
- Add a circle to each of the boxes (different places)
- Add 3 circles around each of the small circles
- In a checkerboard pattern color the center circle (every other circle) whatever color
- Color all the circles in like a target
- Choose a 2nd color and color all the rest
Elementary Sub Plans
BAD HAIR DAY
- 12” x 18” white paper
- Colored pencils or markers
- Have students draw a head with facial details and a neck (at bottom of paper) or the top of the head with facial details and a neck (near top of paper).
- They will then draw patterns for the hair or beard .
- They should uses many different patterns, and thickness of lines.
- They can use colored pencils /or markers to add color to their work if there is time.
- Name and class on back
- Clean up 5 minutes before end of class